With or without kids, there are lots of Halloween events in Castle Rock to celebrate this spookiest of seasons.
Events for the little goblins:
- The whole family will enjoy the Castle Rock Harvest Festival on Saturday, October 15th, from 2 to 8 p.m. Festival Park will turn into a fall-themed play day, providing pumpkins and tools for carving, plenty of food and beverages for purchase, fun games, face painting, and even a hay bale maze. Add your pumpkin to the Great Pumpkin Wall before settling in to watch the outdoor showing of “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!”
- Attention all Terrain Ghouls and Goblins! The Terrain Ghoul Walk will be on October 22nd from 11:00-1:00 at the Swim Club. Come in costume and join the parade at 11:00, followed by a free hot dog lunch. Register today to secure your spooky spot!
- Don your costume and get moving at the Huskie Howl-O-Ween First Annual 5K and Fun Run on Saturday, October 28th. The event will last from 8:00a.m.-noon and provides a t-shirt and goody bags for all registered participants. The kids have their own 1K Fun Run and costume contest.
- On October 30 from 2-5 p.m., come to downtown Castle Rock for the annual Trick or Treat Street. Shops and businesses located downtown encourage the whole family to dress up and drop by! Festival Park will also be offering pony rides, a pumpkin patch, a bounce house, a barrel train, and much more. Drop by the fire department headquarters for arts and crafts.
Events for the big monsters:
- How about a walking tour of the Cedar Hill Cemetery?
On Saturday, October 14, the Castle Rock Historical Society – dressed as local people from town history – will provide an informative walk through historic grave sites from 4:30-5:30 p.m. Founded in 1875, Cedar Hill is the only cemetery in Castle Rock and thus contains the remains of pioneers significant in the foundation and early history of Douglas County.
- The Castle Rock Fire Department will host its Castle of Terror haunted house from 7-10 p.m. on October 19, 20, 26, and 27 at the town’s fire training tower. The theme is “Tower of the Dead,” and rumor has it that zombies may take over the town! Chaos and mayhem are guaranteed and therefore this house isn’t recommended for children younger than 13.
- Sideshows, Oddities, and Spirits will bring you back to Vaudeville-style magic with their show on October 28th, from 7:30-9:15 p.m. Conducted by award-winning internationally-recognized magicians, the show invites the audience to participate in its sideshow stunts, sleights of hand, and spooky (but clean!) entertainment. Prepare yourself for the bizarre, the odd, and the spectacular!
Whether you prefer tricks or treats, there is something for everyone to do this Halloween in Castle Rock. Enjoy!
Terrain residents not only have access to these fun, local events, but could host their own spooky get-togethers at the community center clubhouse. Want to get away for a while? Check out these beautiful fall drives in Colorado.